Saturday, February 6, 2010

I love this book!


Farm Sanctuary: Changing Hearts and Minds About Animals and Food

by Gene Baur, 2008  

While at my local library one sunny afternoon, by chance I happened upon this title, propped up on a book display.  The jacket was very appealing and I was immediately interested in it's content.  And it did not disappoint!  

Farm Sanctuary is one of the most gently written vegan books I've ever read.  I have yet to encounter a piece of literature which introduced me so personally to farm animals, not as some sort of collective, but for the individual souls that they are.  I especially appreciated how the author describes the plight of farmed animals, not only from an empathetic perspective, but from a legal point of view as well. 

Your heart will swell as you discover for yourself Gene's selfless story and that of his rescued animal friends-- their courage, their forgiveness, and their peaceful persistence.  In short, I love this book!  I can't wait to read it again!

No comments: